Front, L-R: Itzel G. Marquez, Crisol Ortuno, Nancy Garcia, Rebekah Amaya,
Giselle Castillo, Lorena Puente, Dominique Disapong and Karen A. Munoz.
Back, L-R: Carlos Treviño, Chief Executive Officer; Tim McVey,
Chief Financial Officer; Susan Willars, Vice President of Human Resources;
Kathia Cortez; Kimberly Muniz; Jennifer J. Cantu; Alberto A. Izaguirre;
Dana Rodriguez; Leandro. E. Salinas; Javier Iruegas, Chief Executive Officer;
Kathleen Mowery, Vice President of Quality and Compliance; and Cheryl
Nail, Chief Nursing Officer.
Mission Regional Medical Center (MRMC) awarded $1,000 scholarships to fourteen
outstanding students from seven different high schools in the Mission
area. These scholarships are awarded annually by MRMC to high school seniors
interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
The MRMC scholarship awards serve two equally valuable purposes: recognition
of merit and achievement, as well as provision of financial support. In
addition, a one-page essay is requested, in which they briefly describe
themselves and their plans for entering the health care field.
The scholarships are available to students who are graduating seniors from
Mission, Veterans Memorial, Sharyland, La Joya, Juarez-Lincoln and Palmview
High School. This is the first year the MRMC scholarships were available
to students from Jimmy Carter Early College High School.
Recipients of the 14 - Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships are:
- Jennifer J. Cantu (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Itzel G. Marquez (Jimmy Carter Early College High School)
- Kathia Cortez (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Crisol Ortuno (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Alberto A. Izaguirre (La Joya High School)
- Nancy Garcia (La Joya High School)
- Kimberly Muniz (Mission High School)
- Leandro E. Salinas (Mission High School)
- Dominique Disapong (Palmview High School)
- Lorena Puente (Palmview High School)
- Karen A. Munoz (Sharyland High School)
- Dana Rodriguez (Sharyland High School)
- Rebekah Amaya (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Giselle Castillo (Veterans Memorial High School)
Mission Regional Medical Center congratulates the dedication of these exceptional
students and encourages their career in the health care industry.