Front, L-R: Lizette Garcia, Daniela Pinto, Erika Landeros, Crystal Guerrero
and Marija Djurkovic. Back, L-R: Tim McVey, Chief Financial Officer; Kathleen
Mowery, Vice President of Quality and Compliance; Irma Torres; Julian
Zendejas; Itzel Flores; Guadalupe Salinas; Susan Willars, Vice President
of Human Resources and Javier Iruegas, Chief Executive Officer
Twelve exceptional students were awarded a $1,000 scholarship each. These
scholarships are awarded annually by Mission Regional Medical Center to
high school seniors interested in pursuing a career in the medical field.
The Mission Regional Medical Center Administration selected the scholarship
recipients based on academic performance, financial need, extra-curricular
activities, and a one-page essay in which they briefly described themselves
and their plans for entering the health care field. The scholarships are
available to students who are graduating seniors from Mission, Veterans
Memorial, Sharyland, La Joya, Juarez-Lincoln and Palmview High School.
Recipients of the 12-Mission Regional Medical Center Scholarships are:
- Marija Djurkovic (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Guadalupe Salinas (Juarez-Lincoln High School)
- Stephanie Colmenero (La Joya High School)
- Lizette Garcia (La Joya High School)
- Crystal Guerrero (Mission High School)
- Irma Torres (Mission High School)
- Itzel Flores (Palmview High School)
- Erika Landeros (Palmview High School)
- Daniela Pinto (Sharyland High School)
- Julian Zendejas II (Sharyland High School)
- Veronica Almendarez (Veterans Memorial High School)
- Lisa Lozano (Veterans Memorial High School)
The scholarship recipients were treated to a luncheon with hospital administrators.
Mission Regional Medical Center is proud to provide scholarships that
assist and encourage education in the healthcare industry.