Mission Regional Medical Center also provides a wide range of services
for people with many types of breathing disorders, including:
- Asthma - A lifelong (chronic) inflammatory condition of the airways.
- Sleep Disorders - such as sleep apnea.
- Emphysema - Also known as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD.
This occurs when air is unable to move through the bronchial tubes. While
it's much like asthma, it's more of a progressive disease.
- Pulmonary Hypertension - When pressure in the pulmonary arteries is too high.
- Pulmonary Embolism - A blood clot that travels to the lung from another
part of the body and lodges in the lung, preventing blood from normally
flowing to pick up oxygen.
- Pneumonia- An inflammation of the lungs usually caused by an infection
The pulmonology team at Mission Regional Medical Center in the Rio Grande
Valley will treat these respiratory conditions with our wide range of
- Oxygen therapy
- Aerosol therapy
- Tracheostomy care
- Airway management
- Sleep apnea treatment
- Chest percussion and postural drainage
- Pulmonary function testing
- Arterial blood gas testing
- Ventilator management
- Neonatal/Pediatric Respiratory therapy and procedures
We also make sure to educate our patients on how to care for themselves
and treat their condition so that they can have the best quality of life possible.